Wednesday, July 6, 2011

(past notes) 25 THINGS ABOUT ME

25 Things About Me


From Friday, 30 January 2009


1. I wouldn't consider myself a food connoisseur, but I definitely have a taste and certain appreciation for finely crafted food. That being said, I often tolerate and even embrace food that has no taste whatsoever, in the name of health, creativity, or convenience.

2. It is a lifelong dream of mine to run a marathon, and something always gets in the way. This time it's patellofemoral pain syndrome in my knee, but I plan to kick it and run 2 1/2 marathons this year.

3. I love the scent of Tide laundry detergent.

4. I am not particularly political, but certainly patriotic. I love nothing more than to listen to an intelligent political conversation, where at least one person having the dialogue has the same values as I do.

5. I use a goLITE Bluewave therapy light, affectionately known as the Happy Light every morning as a remedy for Seasonal Affective Disorder, and it feels like summer every day!

6. When I was 5, my mom sent me up to the counter at McDonald's to buy more fries, and my sister watched in awe as I went up there and she whispered, "She is SO brave!" The phrase has stuck, and I'm the "brave" one of the family.

7. I accidentally stuck a pink light bright peg up my nose when I was 4, and it took 3 hours and 3 doctors to get it out.

9. When I water ski, I make it a point to wave at people in nearby boats and cabins, and my brother-in-law makes fun of me relentlessly for it.

10. I used to sing in a karoake competition at the Spokane County Fair when I was in Junior High.

11. I love, love, love video editing. I went into broadcasting with a distaste for professional involvement in news, tv, or movies, but I have a particular passion for making video biographies of people's lives, and helping them organize, digitize, and archive home videos and other family media.

12. I love sunrises and sunsets and have been known to drive spontaneously, long distances to see a good sunset.

13. I am addicted to peanut butter and cannot buy it for myself, because I eat it by the spoonful like ice cream. Especially natural peanut butter.

14. I shot a .45 last month and thoroughly enjoyed it.

15. My favorite chef is a talented man named Ian Wingate, and he owns a fabulous restaurant in Spokane Washington called Moxie, which I go to about once a year.

16. I want to go sky diving and para sailing someday. I'd love nothing more than going on a hot air balloon on my honeymoon.

17. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and a procrastinator which gets me in trouble sometimes. I once did a 15 page research paper on procrastination, which I started a day before and turned in an hour late. I'm also often late to things.

18. I can bake anything. Quite well.

19. I love hole in the wall restaurants and quaint little bakeries. I could live in a small town with a lot of character, or an old city rich with history and culture. It really doesn't matter to me, as long as there's something unique to learn all the time.

20. I have recently discovered early morning workouts and am slightly addicted to the solitude of it all.

21. I can watch almost any movie and gain religious insights and draw parallels to the gospel.

22. I have an extremely low tolerance for scary or evil movies. I can't watch anything remotely scary because it inevitable gives me nightmares.

23. I have a fascination with positive psychology and am openly a fan of Alfred Adler's theories. I did some research about older people and inter-generational service learning, and I like understanding more about graceful and optimistic aging.

24. Thunderstorm, no umbrella, flip flops. A perfect scenario.

25. I love spontaneity, raspberries with homemade vanilla ice cream, taking naps on the grass, family, and all the simplest but profoundly important moments and values in life.

1 comment: